Power Smart for Your Business
Manitoba Hydro is offering a Power Smart Program to commercial, industrial, and agricultural customers that install energy efficient lighting in renovation and new construction projects.
How Can Manitoba Hydro’s Power Smart Program Assist With Your Energy Efficient Lighting Installation or Upgrade?
- Incentives are available to commercial, industrial, and agricultural customers that install energy efficient lighting in either new construction or renovation projects.
- These upgrades, in conjunction with Manitoba Hydro’s incentives, can result in significant cost savings for your business.
- Your existing lighting configuration may account for an estimated 30 to 60 per cent of your energy costs.
- Energy Efficient options are 20 to 90 per cent more efficient than your existing conventional lighting products.
- Manitoba Hydro’s incentive program allows for a single payback within 2 years.
- The maximum eligible incentive is $250,000 for all electrical measures included in your project.
To qualify for financial incentives, the following criteria must be met:
- You must be a Manitoba Hydro customer billed at the electrical general service rate and operate lighting for at least 1,000 hours per year.
- Installations must meet Manitoba Electrical Code requirements.
- If your business operates its lighting systems less than the required 2,000 hours per year, you may still qualify for pro-rated incentives if you operate your lighting for 1,000 hours a year or more.
Annual Lighting System Hours – Incentive Amount
- Farm Shops operating their lighting for 1,000 hours a year or more may be eligible for an incentive of 33 per cent of current financial incentive offerings. If the farm shop is used to operate a commercial business, is billed as a commercial customer or has a business license, and meets the 2,000 annual operating hours for the lighting system, let MJ Lighting help you determine your incentive amounts.
- Hotels / Motels - may be eligible for incentives on in-suite lighting for their rooms.